Obesity is a global epidemic with the United States among the nations most affected with obesity rate of about 40% and overweight rate of 33%. Combined together, obesity and overweight affect over 70% of the adult population. With about 20% of all healthcare costs going toward obesity and over 50 different obesity related medical problems, losing weight is not only important from a health perspective but also offer significant cost benefits.
What causes the weight gain and the obesity epidemic?
Did you know that 1 in 3 people have insulin resistance and are considered “pre” diabetic? Studies have shown that up to 90% of Diabetes, 80% of cardiovascular disease, and 60% of cancers can be prevented through losing weight and other lifestyle interventions! Losing as little as 5-10% of your body weight will help you reduce risk of heart attacks, diabetes and even some cancers.
Epidemic of insulin resistance, prediabetes, and diabetes, dubbed diabesity!
Did you know that 1 in 3 people have significant insulin resistance and are considered “pre” diabetic?
Studies have shown that up to 90% of Diabetes, 80% of cardiovascular disease, and 60% of cancers can be prevented through losing
weight and other lifestyle interventions! Losing as little as 5-10% of your body weight will help you reduce risk of heart attacks, diabetes and even some cancers.
Understand the three things wrong with our diet
What works and what does not for weight loss?
With 20,000 books written on weight loss, there are so many fad diets out there. At W8MD medical weight loss, sleep and aesthetic centers, our goal is evidence based, clinically proven, safe and effective weight loss measures that suit each individual patient. One thing that fits all approach is not practiced at W8MD.
Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD
How can W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & MedSpa Help?
Obesity, Sleep and Aesthetics – A-Z CONDITIONS
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
What are the 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight?
Despite so many fad diets, there are only 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight
- A diet low in calories such as Very Low Calorie (VLCD) or Low Calorie Diet (LCD) diet with or without meal replacement weight loss supplements.
- Increased physical activity in conjunction with a reduced calorie diet (note exercise alone is pretty useless for weight loss).
- FDA approved prescription medications or diet pills such as Qsymia (Phentermine and Topiramate), Saxenda (leraglutide), Belviq (lorcaserin), Contrave (Bupropion Naltrexone), Adipex P (Phentermine), Tenuate (Diethylpropion), Bontril (Phendimetrazine), Alli / Xenical (Orlistat) etc.
- Behavior therapy for changing eating habits and correction of underlying nutritional, metabolic, hormonal and other factors leading to weight gain.
- Bariatric surgery such as gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, various other surgical procedures.
How can W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program help?
Unlike most cash only weight loss programs, W8MD accepts most health insurances for the visits and any tests with minimal additional cost of $50.00 on top of insurance that covers up to two diet medications.
W8MD’s 8 step weight loss method
- 8 amazing weeks of weight loss
- Sleep up to 8 hours a day
- Lose up to 8 lbs in 2 weeks*
- 800-1200 calorie meal replacement plans
- Walk about 8000-10,000 steps a day
- Drink 8 glasses of water or more a day
- Get closer to your figure 8 body
- Aim to live for 80 long years
W8MD’s weight loss services
- FDA approved prescription appetite suppressants or diet pills
- Delicious and affordable meal replacements
- Nutritional counseling
- Reversal of insulin resistance and other contributing factors
- Experienced and well educated obesity medicine physicians
- Correction of underlying sleep disorders leading to weight gain
- Body contouring, mesotherapy and other aesthetic medicine treatments
Why you should try W8MD for help losing weight?
- Flexible and individualized weight loss plans
- Accept most insurances for weight loss doctor visits and tests
- Minimal additional cost of $50.00 biweekly that includes diet pills
- Amazing success stories
Locations in many states in the US with more coming soon
- Delicious and affordable meal replacement supplements
How can W8MD help?
W8MD’s medical weight loss, sleep, aesthetic & IV nutrition programs.
W8MD’s insurance weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach tolosing weight fast program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain , both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients
lose weight successfully succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
We offer FDA appetite suppressants or diet pills , such as Phentermine or Adipex, Qsymia Belviq Saxenda Contrave , Bontril, Tenuate etc. We also offer very low calorie diets (VLCD),with optional and affordable insulin resistance
Also see our other blogs
FANTASTIC program! Truly a life changer! The first several months I lost on average 3 pounds a week. I have now lost 87 pounds in 10 months and I’m still losing! I can say it feels almost effortless, for with the elimination of most carbs plus the medication I have ZERO cravings and minimal hunger